Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Remembering Lorissa's Birthday and why the effort must and will continue.





It's a bittersweet remembrance given that she is no longer with us to share in what should be a happy occasion, but it is a necessary part of remembering anyone who has left this world, remembering the day that they were first given to this world. Those words definitely hold a special meaning for Lorissa, because to those who knew her and of her, she was a gift. A kind-heart with a child-like innocence and naivety that was altogether quite fetching to any individual, and one that is sorely missed by those who knew and cared about her. My new found friend Missie, a childhood friend of Lorissa's, has also chosen to mark this occasion with a very poignant birthday wish to this now departed angel, which can be read on Facebook. I have also elected to re-post it here for sake of convenience, but I encourage all reading to visit Justice For Lorissa and the Petition To The Virginia Police to Re-Open Lorissa's Case links and mark this occasion with your support.


I've been trying all day to think of the proper words to make a post reminding everyone that today is Lorissa's birthday... All I want to say is HAPPY in front of birthday, but today isn't a happy day. It's the day my friend would've turned 43 if she wouldn't have been murdered ; (
I've just been trying to remember all the birthday celebrations we had as children and the crazy birthday things we did in our teens and beyond ;)~
My happy day to Lorissa will be the day Doug is found guilty in a court of law. Your continued support of sharing her story will help us achive that and we hope that's soon!!! Thanks for your support!!!
♡ RIP my friend ♡

 P.S. - With whatever assurance I can give you Missie, come what may, we will prevail. Rest In Peace Lorissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment