Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A look at the Waverly PD, the people who allegedly handled Lorissa's case.


There have been many bizarre things surrounding the circumstances of Lorissa's passing, not the least of which being all the false stories that were circulated on the internet. However, the one that has been the most troubling is this question: What kind of police force allows a potential murder suspect to walk without so much as an in-depth investigation into all of the anomalies surrounding her death (how she shoots herself with a shotgun and leaves no prints, has no powder burns on her hands, and leaves a suicide note with no blood on it, for example) and allows said person to flee the state without a second round of questioning? I got that answer back in early September when I attempted to see the incident report of an allegedly closed case, and it was the same sort of police force that shouts at the same person for doing so.

I had elected not to take a video camera with me when I requested to see the incident report and decided to back off rather than push the issue when I realized the police were not going to allow me to see the report without a court order. The reason for this is that there tends to be other things wrong with police departments that cover up the circumstances of people being deceased under mysterious circumstances, such as having officers with problems controlling their tempers. Apparently there was an incident in Waverly, Virginia involving one of its 7 officers and a case of clear and shocking police brutality, the like of which you would normally associate with a 3rd world country.

In the interest of full disclosure, it should be noted that the event in question happened in early April of this year, which was after the local government had ousted former chief of police Kevin Lands, who was in charge of investigating Lorissa's death. However, most of his staff are still on the force, including the other officer featured in this video at the 1:22 mark (he did not give me his name or badge number), who was also the officer who shouted at me and told me that any media credentials (including MSM network affiliates) would not get me in to see the report without a court order (I get the feeling that I'd have to get a higher court than the local one to give one given that Waverly is notorious for its kangaroo proceedings regarding traffic violations by out-of-town folks according to several testimonials on this site).

Indeed, the story of Waverly as a town with Boss Hog styled local politics goes pretty deep, and includes a nice, fat salary for most of its so-called public servants that averages about $52,000 per year (chief of police as high as $98,000 per year) in a town with an average median income of just above $33,000 per year. One could safely guess that a lot of that money comes from somewhere other than the modest tax base of the town proper. But it goes a bit further than what in my opinion is a seedy speed-trap under the guise of serving and protecting, as a resident of Waverly by the name of Larry Turner found out back in April of this year when his face was left mangled after an alleged altercation with one of Waverly's esteemed local officials sporting the bronze star.

There will be more about my own encounter with this police department in the next blog entry once I get my video testimonial with David Keeter up on Youtube, but all readers of this blog should definitely be getting a clear picture of why Lorissa's case was botched so terribly. Either by sheer ineptitude or an outright abuse of power (it is my opinion that both played a pivotal role in justice not being served immediately following Lorissa's death), Doug Taylor was let off on an alibi that was changed no less than 3 times in the span of a few hours. There have been a number of additional 2nd hand accounts I have heard from David regarding Lorissa's encounters with the Waverly PD that I won't get into at this time that further testify to a lack of professionalism on the part of both Lands (who now has the same position in Halifax, where they apparently have been without a head cop for about a year) and at least 1 of his subordinates during his tenure as chief in 2008 up until Lorissa's death in late 2009.

It should be stated for the record that in anticipation of frivolous charges of libel that all assertions not immediately sourced or recounted as my own experiences are opinion, and has been noted as such within the article. So my advice to anyone who would assume to apologize for Mr. Lands and his police force would do well to check into these things themselves before commenting. As the classic government propaganda line goes, if the Waverly PD has done their job well, then they have nothing to hide and should release the incident report of Lorissa McComas' passing immediately.

3 comments:

  1. I was a very good friend of Lorissa and Doug... after 2003-2005,i lost contact.However, Doug called me out of the blue after Lorissa passed. To be honest ,I knew them both pretty well, & I honestly can't even imagine him ever hurting her. Maybe I was ignorant to reality,im not sure. I loved Lorissa more than life itself. She always told me I was the only friend she had in both worlds..I will always love both of them but if this is true , I need to know..I only know "facts" Doug told me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan,

      Thank you for stopping by and inquiring about this. I, sadly, never knew Lorissa personally the way that you did, I was simply a fan of her modeling work who made contact, by happenstance, with both her Aunt Phyllis and her fiance David Keeter.

      All that I know about Lorissa's life between 2001 and 2006 is dependent upon things that was relayed to me both by David and by Phyllis, and most of the specifics about what happened after 2002 by David. According to him, and he was present at Lorissa's home for several extended periods of time from 2004 until she left Melbourne in late 2006. He related that Doug was a very different person than what he put forth publicly, a gifted liar and a brilliant self-promoter who was more interested in himself and using others to that end, and he was most directly responsible (along with her brother Rennit) for Lorissa's life-savings being stolen given his irresponsible behavior and constant drinking.

      As to the circumstances of Lorissa's death, I've spoken with an officer with the Waverly Police Department named Jason who came in after the original police force that handled Lorissa's case were fired in 2014. I am still planning another trip down there (it's more than 400 miles from where I live) to finally get a look at the police report, but both David and Lorissa's childhood friend Melissa have seen the report, and from what they've relayed to me, it is virtually impossible for Lorissa to have shot herself, and the weapon of death was in Doug's possession up until her death (he kept it by his side constantly).

      On a final note, there have been people who have tried contacting me over the past couple years since I began this blog and most of them only had "facts" from Doug, and all of them relayed false stories about Lorissa's death such as her dying in Melbourne, her shooting herself after finding Rennit dead (he killed himself 2 days after Lorissa's death by over-dosing on Methadone that he stole from Lorissa, which she was using to try and beat an addiction to Oxy Contin), and that Lorissa died of an illness (the official police report confirms she died of a gun shot, not a disease, and she never had RS Dystrophy, Doug got that from Rennit, who used to tease Lorissa by telling her all of these diseases out there that she could possibly have.

      I definitely encourage you to read over all the information on my blog and also to visit the Justice For Lorissa Facebook page if you haven't already, as it contains all the information that myself and Melissa have managed to gather in the past 3 years.

      I wish to convey to you my deepest condolences for Lorissa's passing. One of the things I've learned in my time conversing with those who knew Lorissa going up was how benevolent of a person she was. I went through most of my teens in love with her via her print model and film work, and I will regret never attempting to contact her (out of shyness) for the rest of my life.

      Delete
  2. I was a very good friend of Lorissa and Doug... after 2003-2005,i lost contact.However, Doug called me out of the blue after Lorissa passed. To be honest ,I knew them both pretty well, & I honestly can't even imagine him ever hurting her. Maybe I was ignorant to reality,im not sure. I loved Lorissa more than life itself. She always told me I was the only friend she had in both worlds..I will always love both of them but if this is true , I need to know..I only know "facts" Doug told me.

    ReplyDelete