Saturday, October 19, 2013

Interview with David Keeter Part 1

Falling in love with Lorissa McComas




Jonathan: Good afternoon or good evening everybody, this is Jonathan (better known to my youtube subscribers as Hell's Unicorn, independent blogger) and I'm here on location with in Waverly, Virginia with David Keeter and we've got some stuff to tell you about. Now David, you were a very close and dear friend to model and actress Lorissa McComas. Can you give me a little bit of background on how you first found out about her, your first meeting, stuff like that.


David: Yes sir. I think like most people, my first experience with Lorissa was seeing her on the cover of the Playboy Special Edition Book of Lingerie issue of August/September 1991. I had my own business, I was working myself to death, and I didn't have any social life (chuckle) whatsoever, just working 7 days a week. And then I just saw this lovely lady on the cover of this magazine, and honestly she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life, and it just took me over right at that moment. Then I started to see more and more print work of her, and on the cable channels I saw some of her movies, and it became sort of a hobby. I would just always look forward to her work. There was just something about her that just drew me to her instantly, and I would watch her work, and in my own little corner of the world I just really hoped that this woman would succeed.


That went on for a couple of year, then around 1993 she came out with her fan club, and I figured I'd give it a call, and I talked to her then manager Doug Taylor. I got some information, and it turned out, strangely enough (of course we're here in Virginia), that Doug was originally from only about an hour and a half away from me in North Carolina. So it started with a very mutual friendship, that we were all from the same area, and unbeknownst to me Lorissa had actually worked this area early in her career. So there was already a type of bond.


So around that time all the way up to 1995 we would talk on the phone. Sometimes Lorissa would, well she was busy, and didn't want to spend too much time talking to fans on the phone, so she would pretend that she was someone else. She would give another name on the phone, but there was no mistaking her voice, she couldn't hide that voice. But I didn't want to blow that facade for her, so whatever name she would use, I'd be like “okay Julie, I'd just like to pick up some videos and some autographed 8×10s”, and more times than not about half way through our conversations she would say “Dave, this is Lorissa”.


And we continued that up until about 1999, her parents had retired and were moving to Florida, and Lorissa had decided that she wanted to do feature entertainment here on the East Coast in some of the more high end gentleman's clubs. It was in Wilmington, North Carolina that she was going to be there, and they asked that I come. So I met them at the club, and this is a very good story and I'm not going to go into all of it or we'll be here all day (chuckle), but when she came out on the stage she was in costume. She was wearing a baby blue nurse's costume, and we had never met, we had only talked on the phone, but she walked right up to me and told me to stand up. And I had to say it, I was just “Miss McComas, my name is David and I just drove a thousand miles to see you”, and she said “I know exactly who you are, you're Dave Keeter”. I said, “Yes Ma'am, I am”, and she said back “Dave it's a pleasure to finally meet you”, and I said “Miss McComas that's my line”. (chuckle)


And we started a conversation right there, the music was playing, and the DJ had to stop the music. He said “Lorissa, you can socialize after your set”, so she pointed to the table where I should meet her after she got off stage. As soon as she did, I went over there, met her and Doug for the first time, and it was right at that moment that Lorissa and I became friends. I started to just meet them on the road whenever possible, and it was more times than not. It really started at that point, I was just taken by her, because no matter what people would see on stage, or on film, or in magazines, the lady herself was just a very charming individual that really appreciated her fans.


No comments:

Post a Comment