Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Setting The Record Straight (Part 1)

The Truth Regarding The Life And

Passing Of The Famed B-Movie Actress

And Pin-Up Model


Over the course of the past 3 years there has been a fair amount of interest in the life of Lorissa McComas. She was arguably the greatest natural beauty of the 1990s and early 2000s, a gentle and loving soul who touched many lives through her work in the modeling and movie industry, and more recently a tragic figure who's final years have been shrouded in mystery. The author of this blog is but one of many devoted fans who were stunned to hear of her untimely passing, and though accusations of bias may well be in order, the contents of these publications are of an honest intent and a steadfast desire to uncover the truth.

In the past several months, I have made contact with several contacts who were very close to her during the final years of her life. The most invaluable and trustworthy of these sources is a man by the name of David Keeter, another long time fan of Lorissa's work who became good friends with the acclaimed model during the late 1990s, and then eventually much more. It is with his blessing that I am now able to tell her side of the story, a story that has yet to be told due to circumstances beyond the scope of most online media outlets who have tried to square her passing with a number of rumors that have run rampant across the net.

In the coming weeks and months, I will be publishing information that has been sorely lacking from all present media accounts, along with explanations as to why this information was suppressed by Lorissa during her interview with "A Joe's Eye Blog" back in 2006 (which has been the primary source for all the information feeding the present rumor mill). It will be further demonstrated that there were a few key characters in her late life and untimely end (some living, some also deceased) who will not coming out of this looking good, but as in all things, truth is preferred to that which would obscure it for sake of reputation.

For the time being, linked below is the first video commentary that I have done regarding Lorissa's passing and a beginning to the long tale of what happened after she had ceased contact with most of the people who knew her in Melbourne, Florida. Brace yourselves for a story that is far sadder than the one you think you know, and please comment upon it or ask any questions you wish and I will do my best to answer them.

VIDEO LINK




4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this, I've always been a fan and it is a sad story indeed. I hope Doug gets the justice he deserves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment and your interest Glenn. This is indeed a sad story, one of the saddest I've ever known, and I am working hard with David to get the truth out about his. The Waverly PD has been stonewalling me and after finally going down there and having them chew me out right to my face about how I need a court order to see anything, David and I will be looking at some legal options to keep the information flowing to the public.

    If enough of a public outcry comes, the state of Virginia may re-open the case. Since Doug was never officially charged with her murder, Double Jeopardy does not apply, and if certain phone records can be subpoenaed from the Federal Government, there will be audio of Doug confessing to the crime to use against him in court.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once every couple of years, while discussing movies with friends, my mind will go back to "Lap Dancing," that she did in '95. And every time, I will run to Wikipedia, because I remember that she passed away, to refresh my memory on what happened. And every time I do, I see that she passed away after battling a "long illness."

    I found it strange that this has never been updated and that the cause is so obscure. So I decided to Google "How did Lorissa McComas die" and found your site.

    I'm mortified to hear this lovely woman could have been a victim of foul play and I hope you continue your effort until the scum that did this has a murder victim himself in some dark, dank, over-crowded prison full of pathological criminals.

    PS. I have of course signed the petition on change.org.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello S. Thank you for your support on the petition and also your belief in what I have shared. As far as Wikipedia is concerned, I have tried several times over the past year to update that page to at least link to the petition and to all the content that I have managed to gather, but the moderators there will not allow the changes as they are not "vetted".

      I am still working on trying to get in contact with the person who is operating Lorissa's official website, and hopefully I will be able to get more people exposed to the reality of what has gone on. Likewise, the local police who handled the case have proven to be utterly corrupt. The current chief of police actually was not in office when Lorissa was murdered, but the "deputy" that I spoke to both on the phone and later in person was, and he essentially all but threatened me physically in order to send me packing. At best, they are covering up for incompetence on this issue.

      I will have more updates on this as I am able to accomplish more, but you may also want to touch base with the "Justice For Lorissa" Facebook page as it has more up-to-date info and is run by Lorissa's best friend from the part of Ohio she grew up in. I am also a moderator there, but she's running the show there and is also heavily involved in getting this injustice rectified. Also a very sweet and caring lady as well.

      Thank you again, feel free to comment again if you have any questions or input.

      Delete